Polar vortex – beware. Give your skin the TLC it deserves during the frosty winter months.
It’s unimaginable that our skin has to suffer through aggressive weather temps that hover between being harshly cold and deliberately high because of heaters. In these conditions, it’s best to gear up by adopting a skincare routine that keeps you feeling moisturized and comfortable at all times. Pamper on, pamper on! We picked out some go-to products to ensure effective repairing for your face, lips, hands, and body, for it’s some better pouring some lil’ $ in to experience the best result — and have your epidermis serenading ”A Whole New World” through a -40C journey.
1. Mekar Regenerating hydrating cream (50mL) |$45| www.mekar.ca
2. Biotherm Aquasource Deep Hydratation Replenishing Gel (50mL) |$47| www.biotherm.ca
This rich formula is instantly absorbed by the skin while actively combating dryness.
3. Caudalie – Lip Conditionner |$12| murale.ca
Composed of natural ingredients, including anti-aging agents, this ultra nourishing lip balm is a winter must have.
4. Clarins Gentle Peeling Smooth Away Cream (50mL) |$34| clarins.com
Awaken your complexion and clean away impurities with this gentle exfoliating lotion that’s also designed to moisturize the face and eye contour area.
5. Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel (50mL)|$47 |sephora.ca
This moisturizing potion lifts tired looking eyes and delivers long lasting results.
6. Kielh’s Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate (50mL) |$58| kiehls.ca
A highly absorbing serum that moisturizes every layer of dehydrated skin. It also smooths out the surface area to illuminate the skin.
7. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant (50ml) |$25| elizabetharden.ca
8. Eau Thermal Avène Cold Cream Hand cream (50 ml) |$14| available in drugstores
The non-greasy formula works as a barrier against aggressive winter condition and leaves the skin looking soft.
About Christelle Saint-Julien
Professional writer and translator based in Montreal, Christelle compiles projects on project such as brainchild Naked Underground Montreal, literary collective Le Shindig, music, arts and sharing her passion for local culture.